Helen brings personal qualities of warmth and compassion, along with the ability to work uniquely with clients to achieve their life goals. Helen utilises a range of evidence based therapeutic approaches in her work including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Psychodynamic Therapy. She is also trained in Mindfulness Meditation.
Helen is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years’ experience as a therapist, supervisor and trainer. In addition to her private practice, Helen has worked extensively with adults and older adolescents in a variety of therapeutic settings including university counselling, community and crisis mental health services, and vocational rehabilitation. Helen has a special interest in assisting people with grief and loss and in managing major life transitions.
Qualifications, Registration & Memberships
• Master of Psychology (Clinical)
• Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
• Registered Psychologist (AHPRA) 1992
• Member, Australian Psychological Society (APS)
• Member, College of Clinical Psychologists (APS)
• Registered supervisor, Clinical Psychology
(AHPRA & APS)
Areas of expertise
• Depression, anxiety & stress
• Grief, loss and trauma • Mood disorders • Obsessive compulsive behaviours • Self-esteem and confidence • Transition and life change • Communication skills / assertiveness • Family and relationship issues • Personal growth • Academic/work performance • Sleep difficulties, insomnia • Supporting carers of family members with